I have the biggest soft spot for father/son relationships..
Every time this post comes around, I have to explain this.
Watch Dennou Coil, the most underrated anime pretty much ever.
- Yes, this is the standard of animation throughout the series.
- AND THIS IS A FILLER EPISODE.
- It’s basically about kids with what’s essentially Google Glass: The Game. The whole world is affected by this game. Traffic lights, school, anything.
- It’s good in the beginning and gets really, really good by the end.
- Shows the vulnerabilities of children.
- Well-written children in general. They fall under some tropes but they don’t suffer from the usual fallacies of writing children into series.
- And yeah, the filler episodes are really good. The whole series is worth watching.
Reblogging as a reminder to myself
wish this show was longer.
This was on my anime recs list I made earlier!
You all should totally watch it!
Plot twist: The next companion is a normal girl/boy who only dies once in their lifetime and has no remarkable back story but he thinks they’re wonderful because they are human and the Doctor needs reminding that you don’t need to be a mystery to be remarkable.
so basically we want Donna back
Okay, this guy is my new favorite person.
SING THEM INTERVALS… Yes… I love this…
It’s been a while!
I have been traveling for the last few months and decided moving house a few days after returning home would be a fantastic idea… turns out it wasn’t. Either way, I have been largely without a solid workspace/ internet connection for a fortnight which has been an absolute killer for productivity.
I hope to have some new painting to show soon, but in the mean time here are a few random sketch pages from the last few weeks! Sorry again for the long absence!